WHO WE ARE
For the purpose of this Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller and processor are The Hair Academy the Clergy House, Church yard Ashford TN23
INFORMATION COVERED BY THIS POLICY
This policy covers all personal information collected and used by The Hair Academy In this policy, “personal information” means information or pieces of information that could identify you. This includes information such as your name, address, username, profile pictures (if used) or email address, but could also include information such as your IP address, or information about your preferences.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We may collect information about you from different sources detailed below.
Information you give us: You may choose to provide personal information to us, for example by filling in forms on our website or at one of our academies, entering competitions and prize draws, creating an account or via a mobile app, contributing on one of our social platforms, or contacting us by email, phone, live chat, or otherwise.
Information we collect about you: The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph (if used), health information, and user-generated content.
Information we receive and collect from other sources: We may receive information about you from any third parties we work closely with (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources, including publicly available content on social media.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information
To get in touch and provide you with services you have asked for. We may:
- Send you information about products and surveys that may be of interest to you (where you have consented to this) or offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys.
- Provide you with products or services that you request from us, including carrying out any actions required from your request e.g. process a payment that you make (including payment and delivery), or setting up an account with us;
- Reach you on social media directly
- Give you updates on any changes to our service
- Keep an up to date opt out list where you have asked not to be contacted, so we do not inadvertently re-contact you;
- Process your payments and protect against fraudulent transactions.
To provide you with a relevant experience. We may:
- Offer you content that is relevant to your location e.g. invitations to events, open days/evenings
- Ensure our website, social media pages, and email content is presented in the most efficient and effective manor
To improve our site and content. We may:
- Administer, monitor, and improve our site, social media pages, and email content, including troubleshooting, analysis, testing of functions and different site design ideas;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Otherwise as required or permitted by law.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may also share your information with trusted third parties. We rely on trusted third parties to perform a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the information they need to perform the service, and we require that they don’t use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal information secure. We may share your personal information with:
- Third parties required to deliver a product to you e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Analytics, IT support and web design that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In other circumstances if we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
We will not sell your personal information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure and take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure following GDPR and require that trusted third parties who handle your personal information for us do the same.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL LOGIN
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND USER GENERATED CONTENT
Some of our social media allows users to submit their own content. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and you should be cautious about providing certain personal information e.g. financial information or address details via these platforms. We are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
It’s important that you are able to control your personal data. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, ask us to update or delete your personal information, and not to be contacted by us if you do not wish to be. If you have an account with us, you can contact us to update your personal information. We won’t contact you for marketing purposes unless you agree, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we treat your personal information, or would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Kay Holmes- Data Protection Officer
The Hair Academy, The Clergy House, Churchyard, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1QG